We’re frequently asked what the difference is between microblading and micropigmention. Here are some general points:
- Semi permanent procedure lasting between 6 months – 1 year.
- Hair-like strokes are drawn on then traced over, inserting pigment with a handheld tool that looks like a X-Acto knife.
- Can be painful.
- Procedure takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Downtime – minimal
- Healing process takes between 25-30 days.
- Touch-up appointments are recommended after 45 days and can take approximately 45 minutes.
- Relatively new technology in the US.
- Cost: between $700-$800
Micropigmention at Permanent-Line:
- Permanent procedure lasting between three and seven years.
- Hair-like strokes are drawn on using a fine artist paint brush and traced over with a digital hand-held electric device which inserts pigment 1-2 mm under the skins surface.
- Minimal discomfort with topical numbing cream.
- Procedure takes approximately ½ hour to complete with a ½ hour consultation.
- Downtime – none
- Healing process take between 3-5 days.
- Touch-up appointments are recommended 6 weeks after procedure and takes ½ hour.
- Technique perfected in Germany, available in the US since 1986.
- Cost: between $550 – $650
- Pigments are sterile, organic substance, made in Germany in pharmaceutical grade labs.